Pep Boys Customer Satisfaction Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Timing: The Pep Boys Customer Satisfaction ("CS") Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins on April 1, 2013 at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends at 12:00:00 A.M. (Midnight) ET 30 days after the last Receipt is printed (but not earlier than June 30, 2013) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. How To Enter: To be entered in the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, you must receive a special cash register receipt from a purchase at a participating Pep Boys store that includes a special code (the “Receipt”) allowing you to complete and submit electronically the survey/entry form located online at www.pepboyssurvey.com All surveys/entries must be completed within thirty (30) days of the date on the Receipt. You will be asked to provide your name, date of birth, email address, day and evening phone numbers and answer a brief customer satisfaction survey. Entrants must complete all the required information to be eligible. Limit two customer satisfaction survey entries per person per calendar month. More than two survey entries submitted by a single entrant are void.
To enter without making a purchase: On a piece of 3" x 5" paper, neatly print your name, complete mailing address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and date of birth and enclose your completed entry form in an envelope with first-class postage affixed and mail to: Pep Boys Customer Satisfaction Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 693, Ardsley, NY 10502. All entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2013 and received by July 8, 2013. Only two entries per person are allowed per calendar month. More than two entries submitted by a single person during any calendar month are declared void. No mechanically reproduced entries accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for entries sent by mail that are not received for any reason, including entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or have postage due. Limit one entry per outer mailing envelope. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Limit two entries per person per calendar month regardless of the method of entry. More than two entries submitted by a single person in any given calendar month are void. All surveys and mail-in entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. Random Drawing: One random drawing (“Drawing”) will take place on or about July 9, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The Drawing will be conducted under the direction of Marketing Visions Inc., an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
4. Prize And Approximate Retail Value: One (1) $5,000 prize is available to be won. Winner is responsible for the payment of taxes on the prize and any other expenses not specifically described above relating to the use of prize. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is $5,000. Total ARV of all prizes during the Promotion Period is $5,000. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. Notification: The potential winner will be notified by postal mail, email or phone within three (3) days after the drawing is held. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within fourteen (14) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and IRS form W-9 in order to claim a prize. Prize will be awarded to the person whose name is on the entry. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be two (2) alternate random drawings following the procedure stated above, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
6. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction where they reside at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees (including immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and those living in the same household of each such employee) of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
7. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or receiving a prize, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. Limitations of Liability The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's or any guest’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are not received for any reason, including any computer, online, telephone, human error, technical malfunctions, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected sweepstakes registrations. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures (whether due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud), or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. If Sponsor terminates this sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error, or any combination thereof.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
13. Winners List: For Sweepstakes results (available after July 31, 2013) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Pep Boys Customer Satisfaction Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 673, Ardsley, NY 10502. Requests must be received by August 31, 2013. Official Rules may also be viewed at www.pepboyssurvey.com
14. Sponsor: Pep Boys, 3111 W. Allegheny Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19132. Administrator: Marketing Visions, Inc. 520 White Plains Road, Suite 500, Tarrytown, NY 10591